Praise Him, Praise Him, ever in joyful song!

This year Flynn and I went to music camp here in Montana. We had a really good time and learned a lot. It was challenging but we really enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy the picts. and the videos!
Anna was able to get some tips from Grace Nikae (Grace Nikae is a concert pianist who travels around the world performing)
Whatever Anna! :D
Some of Flynn's chamber music group
A few of the kids performed at the farmer's market
Cellists performing Danny Boy
Flynn Performing in a Quartet
The orchestra tuning before the performance started
(I really enjoyed being concertmaster. It was challenging, but very fun!)
The orchestra during performance
The Glacier Symphony performing with an opera singer
The Glacier Symphony performing with Grace Nikae
Here are some videos of the guest artists we
were able to work with during the week.
Sorry the sound quality on these videos isn't the best. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the blog and turn off the music before you watch these videos. Hope you enjoy them!
Tim Fain, one of the guest musicians, is the best violinist I have ever seen perform. He has incredible speed and I'm not sure how he can possibly get so many different sounds out of his violin! He is also very friendly and down-to-earth. He came and taught a master's class and did some amazing improv.! Unfortunately, we were unable to post his best performance on the blog due to the length of the video.
Stephen Framil
Grace Nikae
The Bridger Quartet (All 4 of these men were our teachers
during the camp the 2nd violinist was our orchestra conductor.
We REALLY enjoyed they're performance and
working with them throughout the week!)
Our Camp Orchestra


3 comments:
Wow, it looks like that was a very impressive camp! Sounds like you both had alot of fun :)
I dont play violin, so I cant even full appreciate it, but that video with Tim Faine playing is crazy! I cant imagine being able to move my fingers that quick lol.
Thanks for posting the vids.
Caleb
Looks like fun, girls! So neat that you could do it.
I enjoyed the videos too.
Thanks for posting.
Lizzie
Thanks for the videos- I really enjoyed them!You two are very good.
So- can you two play for my wedding?
Becky S.
Post a Comment