Saturday, August 04, 2012

TESOL - Week 1 & 2
Well, I can't believe that TESOL (teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is already over!  I have hundreds of pictures to go through so I decided to make a couple different posts so I can kind of keep everything in order. :)  

This class was amazing!  The first week we spent about 40 hours in the classroom and several hours everyday doing homework.  It was pretty intense.  We had our first test right away on the 2nd day.  The hours were long and hard but the more I got into it, the more excited I became about the opportunities TESOL would present.  The 2nd week we started practicum.  It went really well!  We had a total of 11 days of practicum so we were kept really busy.

The staff and teachers made us feel right at home.  When we first arrived there was a box with supplies for each of us, handmade name signs on our doors, snacks, and chocolate  :-D  The first morning in class we all had handmade name tags by our seats and they had given each of us a flower pot with a sunflower seed in it.  It was fun watching our sunflowers grow over the 4 weeks we were there.  Everyone was so thoughtful and really cared.  They were good servants and ambassadors for Christ!

Here are a few pictures from week 

Using playdough to teach English



Kristy's birthday was the day before 
TESOL started so we celebrated with her
Sarah and Hailley
Courtney and Mijin


Sharon and Avon
Mijin and Andreal

Teaching English really is fun!  :D
Happy birthday Mijin

Our 2nd Saturday there, we went into
 town and went to an antique store.
 I thought these sign were really
funny so I'll share them with you...










Saturday night we went to Bigfork and walked around.
We had so much fun!  We went to Brookies Cookies for a 
cookie and still went and got huckleberry ice cream
(I've had more ice cream this month than I have all year  lol)
Oh well, doesn't happen that often :D

Here are some pictures from Bigfork


Avon, our true Pioneer woman












Each one of these beautiful girls brought
something really special to the class.  
I've grown to love them all dearly over the last four weeks.  I can't wait to see what God does in each of their lives.  I'm so thankful that God allowed the whole class to develop a strong relationship with each other and really encourage one another in the Lord.  It was really special to be with young women who really wanted to focus on the Lord and are devoting their lives to serving him.

Thanks for all your prayers!
I'll share the rest of the pictures
and fun stories in my next post :)

No comments: