Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This will probably be a random post
with tons of random things... 
Our poor blog has suffered neglect lately
because life has been busy, but I will
try to get you caught up on everything. :)

November was busy with Beethoven's 9th Symphony concert.
After that Flynn and I got asked to play in the 
Handel's Messiah concert in the middle of December.  
That was SOOO much fun! 
 It was an honor to get to play with a 
with a small group like that.
  It took a lot of practice because there were only 4 violins
 in our section but it was really fun! 
 I was going through withdrawals the
 day after the concerts.  haha  
Our first Messiah concert got started 45 minutes 
late due to a huge snow storm that left the roads 
incredibly icy.  It took us an hour 
to get to the concert location in 
Bigfork when it would normally only take 25 minutes. 
 Both of the roads leading to Bigfork got shut down for a
 short time due to accidents.
  It definitely started the concerts off on an interesting note...

 I went and played for a restaurant Christmas
 party one night in December and then I got to play
for a bluegrass Christmas service at a friend's church. 
 I think I've played my violin anywhere from 55-60
hours in the past 8 weeks.  We gotten a lot of good practice.
 Now were are preparing for the 
"Peter and the Wolf" concert coming in mid-January.


Flynn finished up finals last week.  She did really well and 
although she has not gotten all of her grades back,
 all the results so far have been really good.
She is still studying music but is changing her major to
 forensic science.  I know right?  Music and forensic science
 don't seem like a normal mix, but she is sure enjoying it!
She also works as a nanny and teaches violin.

I've been working full time and teaching music.
 I'm also still teaching English to a woman from Mexico 
and lessons are going really well.  We have a good time
 and generally get a good laugh out of 
something from each lesson. 
 Language barriers can be pretty humorous at times.


It's Christmas Time!
I love this time of year with all the lights and cookies,
 and family and friends, decorations and music! 






 Seth trying to be Mr. Cool :)






 Completely exhausted from all the festivities!  :)

We went sledding during the afternoon.
The kids enjoyed it and didn't want to stop!

Flynn was teaching Arthur how
 to give yourself a snow shower- 
It is a valuable lesson that every 
two-year-old boy should learn. :)

To end this post I thought I'd tell you about
 this book I started reading today.
If you have never read Katie's blog you should check it out at
Her blog is always very encouraging and it 
is a good reminder that only what is done for Christ will last.  
I encourage you to read her book and blog.
God is doing amazing things in Uganda through this ministry!

 Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Where did you get the picture of all the string instruments?